Wednesday, June 24, 2015


Wear clothes in the kitchen
Always wash your hands
Keep your face away from the flame
Always wear an apron
Nope. We don't always follow the rules around here. But it's nice to have some guidelines. 

In case you missed them, here are two pieces I wrote for Sunset Magazine's blog about raising adventurous eaters. 

Part 1: At the Table

So many of you have emailed me your stories. Thank you! If you feel like it, please share more stories in the comments below about cooking with your own kids or grandkids or friends' kids. I know other people would love to read them. 

Or ask questions. I love questions. I plan to write quite a bit more about this topic in the next year.

Here are a few more images of my kids in the kitchen from the past 10 years.

Back next week with an explosion of summer salads.



  1. I really enjoyed your posts on Sunset, and that is coming from someone happily childless. If I wasn't then I would definitely be doing the same thing in our home with the littles. Great read as always!

  2. OMG! These pictures are so adorable! Rules are made to be bent a little and I love when that can be done with so much fun!

  3. Fantastic photos and a wonderful series. Love it!

  4. wow amazing clicks kids love cooking

  5. I've been loving your stories about cooking with kids! I love to watch my 3 1/2 year old niece as she experiments in the kitchen. It totally makes me feel like such a fool for being so damn OCD when I cook all the time. Her little hands just fling palmfuls of flour across the floor and up toward the ceiling without a care in the world. It's so freeing to witness, really! Plus, everything she makes is, according to her, "deeeeeelicious!" Gotta love that kind of self-confidence, amiright? Keep the stories coming!

  6. WooW really cute one!! It's likewise genuine that where we stand figures out what we're ready to see. Where I stood when I started to pay consideration on space travel absolutely impacted what I saw. I took after the space race of the late 1950's and the 1960's not on account of it was a race, but rather in light of the fact that it was removing us from Earth, far from home, away to explore the puzzles of the universe and, I thought, to discover new homes for humankind out there.
    write my paper for cheap

  7. I am 100% at your back for this road safety forum you are having. It's a great way of instilling to the people the value of safety when on the road and thus, preventing any accidents from happening. In our country, the rate of minor road accidents seems to rise so this forum would write an essay my favourite book be helpful especially if attended by people mainly using the road for transportation.